Do you struggle to keep your clients’
meals interesting, fresh, and healthy?
We’ve got you covered!
In the Know just added two bonus courses to our Individual Caregiver CEU Library. Now, in addition to the top 50 courses already in the library, you’ll get access to two of Chef Beth’s Caregiver Kitchen courses!
What courses are included?
- Mealtime with Cardiovascular Disease
- Mealtime with Alzheimer’s and Dementia
Each course contains recipe videos and a knowledge check so you’ll learn best practices for:
- Identifying key nutrients and recommended servings for clients.
- Mealtime safety tips.
- Serving great food, while controlling sodium, saturated fat, and added sugar.
- Educating clients and family members on food choices to improve vitality and longevity.
recipe . . .
Black Bean Quesadillas
- Serves 8
- Each serving has 310 calories, 670 mg sodium and is 2 1/2 carb choices.
What are quesadillas? Quesadillas are tortillas filled with cheese and other ingredients and heated until crisp and browned. This recipe includes black beans for protein, seasoned canned corn for added vegetables and sharp cheddar cheese for a great flavor. The recipe makes 8 servings, but leftovers can be wrapped individually and frozen for up to 2 months.
- An 11-oz.can canned corn with peppers (baja blend), drained
- A 15 oz. can black beans, reduced
sodium,drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning, reduced sodium
8 inchwhole wheat tortillas
- 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- Cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mix taco seasoning with beans and corn. Mash beans slightly with a fork.
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place a tortilla on the cooking surface and spread evenly with 2 Tbsp. of cheese. Spoon 1/3 cup of filling over half of the tortilla. Fold over and cook on each side until browned and crispy.
- Continue filling and cooking the remaining tortillas.
- Cut quesadilla into wedges and serve with chopped vegetables, salsa or sour cream.
Want more recipes like this?
Subscribe to the intheknow online learning library today to gain access to Chef Beth’s courses and a whole lot more! Plus, you’ll get plenty of tips and recipes searchable in the intheknow-on-the-go WIKI.
And for a limited time, get a $10 OFF your first year’s subscription!
USE COUPON CODE: HEYCAREGIVER10