Urinary Tract Infections: Your Role in Recognizing, Preventing & Treating UTIs
This course provides caregivers with an overview of the urinary system; the causes, symptoms and risk factors for UTI; the steps for obtaining a urine sample; the treatment of urinary tract infections; possible complications of UTIs; information about incontinence and catheters; and how nurse aides can help prevent this common infection.
- Discuss the main structures and functions of the urinary system.
- Describe how bacteria can get into the urinary system and the best ways to prevent it.
- List at least three symptoms of a UTI.
- Examine the link between incontinence and UTIs.
- Demonstrate how to recognize, prevent and treat UTIs in your daily work.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: