Sepsis is becoming more and more common! This inservice provides the basics about this condition, including how a simple infection can develop into sepsis, who is most at risk and why it is on the rise. Caregivers will learn the symptoms of sepsis, the most common sources of infection and ways that they can help prevent sepsis from occurring. An important topic for all health care settings!
- Define sepsis and discuss why it is on the rise.
- List three early warning signs of sepsis and discuss the caregiver’s role in recognizing and reporting these right away.
- List at least three risk factors that increase a person’s chance of developing sepsis.
- List at least five things you can do to prevent sepsis.
- Demonstrate standard infection control practices in daily work with clients.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: