Understanding Ostomies & Ostomy Care
This lesson provides an overview of the various kinds of ostomies. Includes information about why a client may have an ostomy, permanent vs. temporary ostomies, and general care of ostomies. Discusses the emotional impact of having an ostomy and provides tips for helping clients with their nutrition, their elimiation program, and their ostomy care.
- Define “ostomy” and explain its purpose.
- Describe at least three different kinds of ostomies.
- Discuss at least four different complications that are common for people with ostomies.
- Discuss the personal care, skin care, and nutritional needs of people who have ostomies.
- Assist clients with ostomy care, as permitted by workplace policy and state regulations.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: