During this course, caregivers will review different types of neglect including passive and active neglect, domestic neglect and institutional neglect. The module includes information about pressure ulcers, contractures, dehydration, abandonment, unsafe/unsanitary conditions, wandering and tips for how aides can prevent client neglect.
- Describe neglect and their role in recognizing, reporting and preventing it.
- Distinguish between passive and active neglect.
- Name at least three signs of neglect.
- Explain how healthcare workers can help prevent neglect.
- Describe the process at their workplace for reporting neglect.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: