Understanding Medical Machines
An overview of the typical medical technology that caregivers are faced with on a daily basis, including machines that monitor clients, that help in their care and that save their lives. Caregivers will gain a better understanding of vital sign monitors, apnea monitors, pulse oximeters, blood glucose monitors, chair alarms, infusion pumps, oxygen therapy, ventilators and more! Includes a discussion of “alarm fatigue” and how to combat it, along with safety tips for working with medical machines.
- Describe at least two common client monitoring machines.
- Describe at least two common client care machines.
- Describe at least one lifesaving medical machine.
- Discuss alarm fatigue and two ways to combat the problem.
- Discuss at least three tips for using medical machines safely.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: