Understanding Hearing Disorders
This course provides caregivers with an overview of the causes of hearing loss and deafness. It explains how the ear works and how it changes as we get older. Learners will gain practical information about communication devices, the care of hearing aids and tips for working with clients who have some level of hearing loss.
- Compare the three types of hearing loss.
- Name at least three causes of temporary hearing loss.
- Name at least three causes of permanent hearing loss.
- Discuss the proper care for a hearing aid.
- Demonstrate your understanding of hearing disorders throughout your daily care.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: