This course provides an overview of cerebral vascular accidents, including risk factors, signs and symptoms of stroke and treatment methods. It includes lots of tips for working with clients who have had a stroke.
- Define CVA (stroke) and discuss why it might be called a “brain attack.”
- List at least 3 signs or symptoms that would indicate a person is having a stroke and is in need of emergency care.
- List at least 3 controllable and 3 uncontrollable risk factors that could lead to stroke.
- Discuss how a stroke affects clients physically, emotionally, behaviorally, and how it affects speech and memory.
- Demonstrate safe care of CVA clients based on the client’s individual strengths and weaknesses.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: