Understanding Commonly Prescribed Diets
This course provides your caregivers with an overview of five commonly prescribed diets. Includes the purpose of each diet, general guidelines for implementing the diet, how to tell if a client is being compliant and how to help clients follow their prescribed diets. By learning about common therapeutic diets, caregivers will be able to help clients eat the right foods, for the right reasons.
- Describe the recommendations of the USDA’s My Plate program.
- Name and discuss the parts of the food nutrition label.
- Name at least two benefits of each of the following: low sodium diet, low-fat diet, and high fiber diet.
- Name at least three foods that are controlled or restricted on the renal diet and diabetic diet.
- Discuss the difference between soft, mechanical, and pureed foods.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: