Understanding Alzheimer’s Disease
This course provides background on the basic biology of Alzheimer’s disease, its three stages and how it is diagnosed and treated. Caregivers will gain insight into how to communicate with AD clients, how to keep them safe and how to meet their personal care, nutritional and emotional needs.
- Describe what is happening inside the brain of someone with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Discuss the common side effects of AD medications and demonstrate proper protocol in reporting side effects when observed.
- List the three stages of Alzheimer’s Disease and describe the symptoms associated with each stage.
- Describe at least three ways to meet each of the following needs of the Alzheimer’s client: personal care needs, nutritional needs, and emotional needs.
- Demonstrate at least three effective strategies for communicating with Alzheimer’s clients.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: