Understanding Advance Directives
An inservice for caregivers that covers advance directives including definitions, legal and moral aspects and the relationship of advance directives to patient rights. Includes tips for supporting clients’ wishes.
- Discuss the purpose of an advance directive.
- Describe the difference between a living will and a health care power of attorney.
- Discuss how federal and state laws support advance directives.
- Discuss how a DNR order relates to advance directives.
- Demonstrate support of your clients? advance directives during your daily work.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: