The Role of Humor in Healing
This inservice defines therapeutic humor and discusses the use of humor to promote healing. Your caregivers will learn about the types of therapeutic humor, the benefits of laughter and how humor affects the immune system. Also included is information about how humor helps relieve stress, pain and the sadness that can come with illness. This topic also discusses humor between co-workers and cautions against hurtful humor.
- Define therapeutic humor and describe how it can be used to promote healing.
- Give at least two examples each of the physical, mental, and social benefits of laughter.
- Distinguish between passive humor and humor production.
- Describe how humor and laughter can boost immunity, relieve pain, and decrease stress.
- Demonstrate the use of therapeutic humor during routine interactions with clients.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: