The Role of Animals in Healing
Animal Assisted Therapy can help people regain strength, skills, and well being. This topic provides an overview about informal programs like animal “meet and greet” visits and how these therapies can help bring happiness, stress relief, and even pain relief to the people who need it most. This lesson also covers the caregivers’ role in bringing these services to clients.
- Discuss the history of animal involvement in human healing and well being.
- Define Animal Assisted Therapy.
- List at least 3 known benefits of Animal Assisted Therapy.
- Describe at least three types of clients that may benefit from having structured contact with an animal.
- Initiate and assist during formal and informal interactions between clients and pets.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: