Special Communication Needs
This important topic deals with the most common special communication needs, including problems that arise from sensory issues, stroke, dementia and language differences. Caregivers will learn about how communication happens and about common communication barriers. This module includes information about speech therapists and how nurse aides can help meet their clients’ therapy goals. It also includes key tips for communicating with clients who have special communication needs.
- List five critical factors that must be present for successful communication.
- Compare receptive and expressive communication problems.
- List at least three ways you can help clients with hearing loss, dementia, and stroke communicate their needs.
- Discuss the role of the speech therapist and express how you can help clients reach their speech goals.
- Demonstrate effective communication with all clients regardless of their special communication needs.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: