Recognizing & Reporting Abnormal Observations
A great review for all caregivers, this module covers the “who, what, when and how” of reporting abnormal observations. Focuses on observing vital signs, pain, mental status, nutrition, elimination, skin and family relationships–and how to recognize abnormal findings. In each area, the information is designated “urgent,” “important,” or “significant” to guide caregivers to respond appropriately to changes in their clients’ conditions.
- Distinguish between normal and abnormal observations in your clients.
- Identify the specific course of action to take with each abnormal observation you encounter.
- List at least 3 abnormal observations you might make in regards to vital signs, mental status, nutrition, and pain.
- Distinguish between objective and subjective observations.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize and properly report abnormal observations in your daily work.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: