Providing Care for LGBT Clients
All clients, regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, gender, age, or disability should be treated as human beings who deserve the same kindness, respect, and dignity as anyone else. This course offers a review of the unique healthcare needs of your LGBT clients.
- Define common terms associated with lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
- Explain common barriers LGBT individuals face that pertain to healthcare.
- List at least 3 common health issues lesbian women face.
- List at least 3 common health issues gay men face.
- Communicate appropriately and deliver culturally competent health care to all LBGT clients during daily work.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: