Oxygen Safety for Caregivers
This lesson provides caregivers with a description of oxygen therapy and which clients may need it. Caregivers will review the most common types of oxygen containers and methods of administration. They will also learn what makes oxygen dangerous and how to observe clients who are on oxygen therapy. Includes dozens of oxygen safety tips and comfort measures.
- Describe why the human body needs oxygen to live.
- List at least two types of oxygen delivery systems.
- Explain what makes oxygen a dangerous fire hazard.
- List at least three abnormal observations that may indicate a client has too little oxygen or may be experiencing oxygen toxicity.
- Demonstrate proper safety precautions and provide supportive comfort measures in your daily work with clients on oxygen therapy.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: