This lesson provides caregivers with an overview of OTC medications. It explains how to read an OTC medication label, gives tips to guard against tampering, discusses how OTC medications may affect children and the elderly, and offers basic information about OTC pain relievers, cold medications, and stomach medications. The lesson also covers adverse drug reactions and how caregivers can observe for them.
- List at least five types of commonly used over-the-counter medications.
- Describe the main side effects of the above medications.
- Discuss your role in monitoring medications and side effects.
- Describe the signs of an allergic reaction to a medication.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of commonly used OTC medications in your daily work.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: