Mechanical Lift Use & Safety
This course reviews proper body mechanics and explains why they aren’t enough to prevent back injuries. It also covers the basic types, uses, operation tips, safety features and slings for a Hoyer-type mechanical lift. After completing the module, caregivers will be armed with the knowledge necessary to prevent back injuries and to safely transfer clients with a sling lift. (NOTE: Hands-on practice with actual lifts should be performed after completing this module.)
- Discuss why caregivers have a high risk for serious back injuries.
- Explain how using both proper body mechanics and mechanical lifts lead to safe patient transfers.
- Name the five basic parts of a Hoyer-type sling lift.
- Describe at least five things a caregiver should do to prepare for using a mechanical lift.
- Demonstrate knowledge of mechanical lifts during hands-on practice with the lifts used at your workplace.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: