Maintaining a Professional Distance
Caregivers spend a great deal of time with your clients–making it a challenge to maintain a professional distance. This course reviews the difference between personal and professional relationships, discusses how to avoid crossing the line and how to help your clients do more independently. It also gives tips on keeping it professional with co-workers.
- Define “professional distance.”
- Compare personal and professional relationships.
- Discuss Maslow’s five levels of human needs.
- Describe at least six warning signs that professional distance has been lost.
- Demonstrate your own professional distance throughout your daily work with your clients.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: