Legal Issues for Caregivers
A lesson for caregivers on basic legal concepts including negligence, standards of care, confidentiality, and informed consent. Explains the difference between a legal issue and an ethical issue. Includes information on the common legal problems that arise for healthcare workers – and how caregivers can avoid them.
- Discuss how your “scope of practice” and the “standard of care” govern your day-to-day job performance.
- List at least eight signs of abuse and neglect.
- Describe the difference between assault and battery.
- Describe how a client can be falsely imprisoned.
- Demonstrate your understanding of legal issues in your daily work.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: