Important Vaccines for Older Adults
Vaccinations aren’t just for kids! Are your caregivers in the know about vaccines for older adults? This inservice provides information on vaccines for the flu, shingles, pneumococcal disease, TDaP, hepatitis A & B and meningitis. Your caregivers will also learn about how vaccines work, herd immunity and what to watch for after a client is vaccinated.
- Discuss the importance of vaccines for older adults.
- Describe how vaccines help the body develop immunity to certain diseases.
- List at least four vaccine-preventable diseases most older adults should be protected against.
- Discuss the concept of “herd immunity” and explain how a “break” in it can lead to outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Provide sound advice to older adults regarding the safety and necessity of vaccines.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: