Helping Prevent Client Elopement
This course provides caregivers with an overview of client elopement. Caregivers will learn why elopement is an urgent issue, how clients are assessed for elopement risk, and which clients are most at risk. The course covers methods of preventing elopement and types of technology used to prevent elopement. Caregivers will also learn how to prepare for an elopement, what to do if one occurs and how to document an elopement incident.
- Describe the difference between wandering and elopement.
- List at least three factors that put clients at risk for elopement.
- Describe how technology can help prevent elopement and/or aid in recovery.
- Discuss at least four ways you can help prevent a client from eloping.
- Describe what actions you should take if a client elopes.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: