Helping Clients who have Chronic Pain
This course offers caregivers an overview of chronic pain and how it differs from acute pain. Aides will learn different methods of measuring pain, including a “quality of life” scale. The course reviews pain tolerance, medication addiction versus dependence and the negative consequences of chronic pain. Includes tips for communicating with and helping people with chronic pain.
- Explain at least two differences between acute and chronic pain.
- Discuss the “pain gate” and what it has to do with chronic pain.
- Describe at least three ways to measure chronic pain when working with clients.
- Discuss at least five possible consequences of untreated (or under-treated) chronic pain.
- Demonstrate your understanding of chronic pain in your work with clients who suffer from it.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: