Handling Biomedical Waste
This course provides caregivers with a comprehensive definition of biomedical waste; a review of standard precautions; tips for safe handling of sharps and biohazardous spills; and how to deal with biomedical waste in a client’s home.
- Identify and describe items that are considered biomedical waste.
- Discuss the proper way to handle and dispose of used sharps in facilities and in homes.
- Demonstrate how to seal, transport and store full sharps containers and biohazard bags.
- Perform safe containment and clean-up of small spills of potentially infectious blood or other body fluids.
- Use standard precautions whenever handling biomedical waste.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: