Fire Prevention & Safety
This course includes important information about fire safety–whether caregivers work in a facility or in a client’s home. It includes basic information about types and causes of fires, how to prevent fires, how to respond to a fire, the use of fire extinguishers, and how to protect clients during a fire. A MANDATORY OSHA TOPIC!
- Name and describe the three elements that must all be present to create fire.
- Recognize four classes of fire and identify the proper fire extinguisher commonly used for each class.
- Describe the steps used to operate a fire extinguisher using the P.A.S.S. method.
- Outline the actions you will take in response to a fire using the R.A.C.E. method.
- Describe your facility’s emergency fire plan or develop a customized plan for your home health client.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: