Emotional Losses in the Elderly
This inservice provides caregivers with an overview of the many emotional losses facing people as they age, including loss of health, loss of productivity, loss of loved ones, loss of home and loss of mobility. Provides tips for how nursing assistants can make these emotional transitions easier for their elderly clients.
- Describe the five basic stages of the grieving process.
- List at least five physical symptoms of grief.
- List at least five emotional symptoms of grief.
- Describe at least three different types of emotional losses experienced by elderly people.
- Demonstrate your understanding of this inservice in your daily communications with elderly clients.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: