This important topic focuses on the most common types of natural disasters including fires, tornadoes, hurricanes, winter weather and earthquakes. It also provides information on nuclear power plant disasters, bomb threats and terrorism threats. Caregivers will learn their role in disaster planning and preparedness and how to help their clients put together a disaster preparedness kit.
- Identify and prepare for all possible disasters that have the potential to strike in their area.
- Discuss their professional responsibility during a mandatory evacuation.
- List at least 3 ways to stay safe during a tornado, an earthquake, a hurricane and a winter storm.
- Describe the steps to handle a bomb or terror threat, either by phone or by suspicious package.
- Demonstrate readiness by assembling a disaster preparedness kit.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact Evan Leekley: