Complimentary and Alternative Medicine
A review of common forms of complementary & alternative medicine and why these therapies can be helpful.
- Define complementary and alternative medicine (CAM).
- List at least two common therapies that fall into the CAM categories of “natural products,” “body-based therapies,” and “mind-body therapies.
- Discuss the risks and benefits of CAM use among seniors.
- Integrate CAM practices such as massage, imagery, and deep breathing into routine nursing care.
- Help clients make safe and informed decisions about using CAM.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact Evan Leekley: