Communicating with your Alzheimer’s Clients
This course provides caregivers with important information about the communication needs of clients with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. It discusses how communication happens normally and how it is affected by Alzheimer’s disease. Caregivers will learn how to help clients communicate with them and ways that they can better communicate with their clients. In addition, there is information on how to handle a client’s anger, how to answer tough questions and alternative therapies that assist with communication.
- Describe the normal course of events that must take place for communication to be successful.
- Describe two things that can go wrong, making communication difficult for people with Alzheimer’s.
- List at least three things you can do to help your client communicate better with you and others.
- Discuss what you can do to communicate better with your clients.
- Practice patient and thoughtful communication in your daily work with Alzheimer’s clients.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact Evan Leekley: