Common Respiratory Conditions
This module provides nurse aides with a review of the respiratory system and how it functions normally. It includes an overview of the common cold, the flu, allergies, sinus infections, pneumonia, asthma, and COPD. Your nurse aides will learn how smoking affects the respiratory system and how they can help prevent and/or support respiratory conditions in their clients.
- Describe the basic structures and function of the respiratory system.
- Compare the common cold and the flu and explain how to help clients recover.
- Help client identify and avoid triggers that worsen allergies and asthma.
- Identify and report early warning signs of pneumonia so treatment can be started.
- Plan a care routine for COPD sufferers that conserves energy and maximizes independence.
- Explain how smoking damages the respiratory system.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact Evan Leekley: