Caring for Orthopedic Clients
This course provides a great review for any caregiver who works with orthopedic clients. Covers hip and knee replacement surgery and how aides can help prevent complications and enhance rehabilitation. Also includes information on neck and spine surgery, amputations and post-surgical pain management. Caregivers will review fall prevention, exercising after orthopedic surgery and orthopedic precautions for each area of the body.
- Describe what parts of the human body are worked on by an orthopedic surgeon.
- Describe at least three common orthopedic surgeries.
- List three possible complications that may occur after joint replacement surgery and describe how to avoid each.
- Discuss the importance of pain management in rehabilitation after orthopedic surgery.
- Explain how to help clients restore flexibility, mobility, and independence after orthopedic surgery.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: