Caring for Clients During Chemo
This lesson provides aides with an overview of chemotherapy: what it is and how it is typically administered. It covers the most common side effects of chemo and how caregivers can assist clients who suffer these effects. Also provides information about the emotional effects of chemo and how to help clients overcome them. Includes dozens of helpful tips!
- Describe how chemotherapy helps treat cancer.
- Discuss how chemo damages healthy cells in the body and how that damage leads to the common side effects of chemo.
- List at least 6 common side effects of chemo and describe how to help clients with those side effects.
- Prepare to help clients with the emotional toll chemo can take during treatment.
- Demonstrate empathetic communication skills with clients before, during and after chemo treatment.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: