Building Trust and Confidence
This lesson provides information on establishing a therapeutic relationship, using boundaries to enhance trust, and communicating to build trust. It discusses the personal traits that encourage trust between caregivers and their clients and reveals common barriers that prevent a trusting relationship. Your caregivers will learn the stages of a trusting relationship, how to build trust with family members and what to do when trust is broken. They will also gain some tips for building self-trust–a crucial trait for anyone in the nursing field!
- Discuss the importance of building trust in relationships with clients.
- List three personal traits needed to build trusting relationships.
- Describe the therapeutic relationship and how it is different from social or intimate relationships.
- List at least three barriers to trusting communication.
- Discuss how boundaries help build trust in a relationship.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact Evan Leekley: