Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
This course gives caregivers an overview of how brain and spinal cord injuries can affect clients. Includes information about the nervous system, brain and spinal cord injuries, the emotional effects of TBIs and SCIs and the possible physical complications from neurological injuries. Caregivers will gain knowledge of these complex injuries–and learn a number of tips for supporting injured clients.
- Discuss how force, impact, and location relate to brain and spinal cord injuries.
- Describe the three basic stages of grief that may occur after a serious injury.
- Describe at least four complications of traumatic brain injuries and how you can help.
- Describe at least four complications of spinal cord injuries and how you can help.
- Demonstrate your understanding of brain and spinal cord injuries during your daily work with clients.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: