Being a Preceptor
This professional growth course provides caregivers with the qualities it takes to be a good preceptor. Learners will focus on communication skills, understanding adult learners, and how to prepare an action plan for new employees. The module contains plenty of tips for both teaching and motivating new employees.
- Describe the role and characteristics of a preceptor.
- Identify three main communication styles and determine which style is most appropriate for preceptors.
- Describe the four main learning styles.
- Explain six ways you can influence, motivate and inspire learners.
- Individualize training according to each new employee’s learning needs and prior knowledge.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: