Activity for the Elderly
This course emphasizes how activity enhances the lives of the elderly and includes information on various kinds of activities. Discusses how caregivers can promote activity in their clients whether they live in a facility or their own homes and regardless of their health status.
- List at least two benefits each of these activity types: physical activity, mental activity, and social activity.
- Discuss why elderly people sometimes give up activities and what complications may develop from being inactive.
- Describe how ADLs and IADLs are beneficial activities that can become part of your client’s daily routine.
- Suggest activities for every client, regardless of age or health status.
- Help your elderly clients participate in activities every day.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact Evan Leekley: