Activities for Clients with Alzheimer’s Disease
This course reinforces for your caregivers that appropriate activities have a positive effect on the behaviors associated with Alzheimer’s disease. Your caregivers will learn about the benefits of physical, mental, and sensory activities. The course also covers how to overcome obstacles that are preventing AD clients from being active, how to focus on the five senses, the importance of social activities and the power of music when working with Alzheimer’s clients.
- List at least two benefits each of these activity types: Physical activity, Mental activity, Sensory activity.
- Discuss why people with Alzheimer’s disease may resist activities and what they can do to help.
- Describe how ADL’s are beneficial activities that can become part of your client’s daily routine.
- Suggest activities for every AD client, regardless of stage or health status.
- Help their AD clients participate in stage appropriate activities every day.
Are you looking for mobile-friendly online training for your caregivers?
With In the Know On the Go, you’ll gain access to 100+ e-learning modules, have the ability to create a customized training program for each employee, track completion, message your staff, print records, and more.
To learn more or to purchase, please contact us: