Browse by category
- Specials (5)
- Mental Health Awareness Month (14)
- New Inservice Modules (14)
- Platinum, Gold & Silver Plans (3)
- Online Courses (122)
- Recently Updated Inservices (5)
- Top 30 Home Health Inservices (30)
- Learning Bites (6)
- Multi-Packs for Classic Learning (5)
- Multi-Packs for E-Learning (5)
- Civility Training Program (7)
- Top 10s and Fab 5s! (12)
- Multi-Packs and Inservice Plans (9)
- Books (7)
- Client Care Inservices (83)
- Client Safety Inservices (14)
- Communication Skills Inservices (11)
- Disease Process Inservices (38)
- Infection Control Inservices (12)
- Patient's Rights Inservices (4)
- Personal Safety Inservices (11)
- Professional Growth Inservices (30)
Biomedical Waste, Handling Biomedical Waste
After finishing this inservice, nurse aides will be able to:
- Identify and describe items that are considered biomedical waste.
- Discuss the proper way to handle and dispose of used sharps in facilities and in homes.
- Demonstrate how to seal, transport and store full sharps containers and biohazard bags.
- Perform safe containment and clean-up of small spills of potentially infectious blood and other body fluids.
- Use standard precautions whenever handling biomedical waste.
Are In the Know inservices accepted by your state? Check here!